Posted in Project

Country Valentine, featuring Classic Blue

For some reason, I wanted to make a valentine using Night of Navy, in the gingham pattern.

Stamp: Meant to Be

Ink: Night of Navy

Paper: Crumb Cake, Seaside Spray, Real Red, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Neutrals 6×6 DSP stack, Vellum

Accessories: Stitched Be Mine dies, All Dressed Up dies, Night of Navy/Sahara Sand baker’s twine, Subtle 3D embossing folder, Shimmery Crystal Effects (Holiday carryover), Poppy Moments dies, Tailored Tag punch

Isn’t that super fun? I don’t own the new Detailed Hearts die. I thought I could get a similar effect using multiple cuts from the heart border / cluster die in the Stitched Be Mine dies. And, just to be different, I layered them on a background in the same color, but embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. I put a sheet of adhesive on the back of the cardstock before die-cutting, which made adhering the die cuts to the card really easy.

Both the gingham and vellum hearts are popped on dimensionals. I am not sure why it mattered, but I put the dimensionals for the vellum layer in approximately the same place.

At the last minute, I added die cuts from the Poppy Moments dies, from Real Red. I think they are meant to be the bottom of buds, but they look like stylized hearts to me! The addition adds to the country feel, I think.

For the button, I stacked three die cuts and put a layer of Shimmery Crystal Effects on top. Just to make it shiny. Make sure you dry overnight, and set it in a spot that you won’t accidentally put something down on top. (At least it didn’t stick to that other project…)

The baker’s twine bow is attached with a glue dot, but the position makes it look like it goes through the holes.