Posted in Project

Dinosaur Valentine

I finally put ink to my Dino Days stamp set. But, can you tell what I used for the background stamping?

Stamp: Dino Days, Painted Poppies

Ink: Gray Granite, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Lovely Lipstick, Old Olive

Paper: Lovely Lipstick, Early Espresso, Whisper White

Accessories: Dino dies, Be Mine Stitched dies

Isn’t that really fun? I was experimenting with different looks that the line art of the poppies can give. When stamping in a neutral/brown, I thought they looked like rocks! So, out came my dinosaur. 🙂

Here is what the background looked like before I added the items on dimensionals on top.

I like how the palm tree turned out, as well. I have seen some people stick the fronds straight up, and that looked just weird. I stamped two branches in the background, and filled out with die cut branches over the stamped branches. They all hang toward the ground, as if they are drooping from the top of the tree. No coconuts in sight, so the dinosaur is safe. 🙂

The dinosaur is attached with dimensionals. For the amount of dimensionals I used, the sentiment would almost work, as if talking to a pack of dimensionals. 🙂 Note, that I put some of them along the seam with the spikes on his back. Even though I attached with glue, it doesn’t hurt to reinforce with other means.

For the sentiment, I took a really long (and two-line) sentiment, and stamped one of the lines into two lines. That made it fit on my card front in the space available. I added a small die-cut heart, just in case his love wasn’t obvious.

I put the rest of the sentiment on the inside, along with another die-cut heart. At the bottom, there are some footprints. Not sure whose they are…