Monthly Newsletter for July
Has another month just gone by? I can’t wait for the summer weather to mellow out, but I want time to slow down a little bit. I still need to prep my swaps for Convention! 🙂
This month, we have updates to product availability and a sale on DSP!
But first, the project.
Project of the Month
I’m sure you’ve seen similar projects all over the web… but I just had to do my own version of this patriotic card using the Work of Art stamp set. I added a bit of another new product in there… can you spot it?
Stamp set: Work of Art
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red
Paper: Naturals White, Real Red, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer
Accessories: Stars collection framelits, Stampin’ dimensional
See how super easy it is? I swear this only took me about 10 minutes to make. That even includes the first attempt at stamping the stripes!
I stamped the big fat “swipe” first in Night of Navy. I masked it off with a Post-It. I then stamped a bunch of the Real Red stripes. I didn’t even use the Stamp-a-ma-jig, are you proud? I got them more-or-less even. I like how the not-quite-straight shape gives the overall image a sense of movement. Like a real flag.
The star was cut from the new Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper. It’s basically Dazzling Diamonds in paper form! You can even dye it with reinkers or by dabbing with a sponge dauber. For this project, I used it in its original color. I did remove part of the backing before die-cutting with the smallest Star framelit.
The Blendabilities are finally here! Well, the first set of 6 colors anyway. The rest of the colors will be available starting August 1. The colors available now are:
- Cherry Cobbler
- Coastal Cabana
- Daffodil Delight
- Old Olive
- Pumpkin Pie
- Rich Razzleberry
- Skin tones assortment
- Memento black in pad/reinker
- Color lifter
What are Blendabilities? They are Stampin’ Up!’s alcohol-based markers. They come in a pack of three markers per “color”; you get a Light, Medium, and Dark color for easy blending options. (The Skin tones assortment is a set of 6 colors and are not shades of each other.)
Other information you need to know:
- Color images that have been stamped with Memento ink for best results. Do NOT use StazOn, since the markers use the same solvent and your stamped image will smear.
- Cap your markers carefully. They have been designed for a tight fit and it is possible to close your cap onto the tips (not good!)
- The ink is designed to work best on Whisper White, although you may also get good results on paper recommended for other alcohol-based markers.
- These markers can be used to color on non-porous surfaces, such as buttons, rhinestones, and pearls. You can also color acetate sheets, vellum, ribbon, etc.
- Leave a little bit of white space when coloring, because ink will spread a bit while blending.
Designer Series Paper Sale
This month is time to stock up on paper from the new Annual Catalog. Buy three packs, get the fourth one FREE. Note that the sale is only good on the packs from pages 186 and 187 of the Annual Catalog. You can view the qualifying paper packs here at the online store.
Project Life Update
A few products are listed in the catalog as being available starting August. Stampin’ Up! has announced that they will be available a little bit earlier: July 14.
These products are:
- Love Story Project Life Card collection
- Love Story Project Life Accessory pack
- Black Faux Leather 12″ x 12″ Project Life Album
You can see these items on pages 188 and 189 of the Annual Catalog.