A Swap of Three

Everyone in our local group has been busy lately. So, when a suggested date for the latest meeting went out, only two of us could make it (including the hostess). Plus, one out-of-town member decided to swap, too.

So, this was an easy swap, for just the three of us. I didn’t do anything more complicated than usual. I’m posting this finally, because I got confirmation that our out-of-town member got the swap (hi, Kim!!!). She actually got it a week ago… I’ve been slow to finish up the blog post!

I received this stamp set as part of Prize Patrol during Convention, and have been trying to make use of it. This year, Stampin’ Up! was even more awesome, and let us exchange clear-mount Prize Patrol sets for wood-mount–at Convention. (Did I mention that before? It really is a first, and much appreciated!)


Stamp set: Truly Grateful (wood-mount, Holiday catalog)

Ink: Soft Suede, StazOn Jet Black, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry marker, Crumb Cake marker

Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DSP (Holiday catalog)

Accessories: Witches’ Brew Washi Tape (Holiday catalog), Naturals buttons, Ovals framelits, Linen thread, Blender pens, Stampin’ dimensionals

Isn’t that fun?

In creating the stamped image, I inked up the parquet image stamp in Soft Suede, stamped on my Grid Paper, then stamped onto Very Vanilla. I wanted the pattern to be visible, but not so in-your-face. I could have used a lighter ink color, but that didn’t work for me. I stamped the wheat in Soft Suede as well, and colored with Crushed Curry and Crumb Cake. I went over the wheat and the shadows around the image with my blender pen, just to soften things up a bit. After I was done coloring, I cut out the image with the third smallest oval framelit.

I used two mats for my focal image instead of the usual one. The largest was created by using the next largest oval in the framelits set. The middle layer was created by using the same framelit that was used to cut the stamped image. Instead of cutting in the Big Shot, I traced around the framelit onto the DSP, and then cut by hand. As you can see, it turns out okay (even if my cutting was a bit uneven). Not exactly the same margins for both mats, but I think it still works. Adds a bit more color and depth, I think.

I colored the acorn image with blender pens and ink from my ink pads, then cut it out. I added some Linen thread to the Naturals button before sticking it down with a glue dot.

I stamped my sentiment on a strip of washi tape. Here’s a closeup.


This is another example of using washi tape like you would a strip of DSP. I placed a piece of washi tape on my grid paper, making sure I didn’t press down too firmly, and making it longer than I needed. I then stamped using StazOn ink. You will need to use StazOn because the finish on the washi tape won’t allow regular Classic ink to dry properly. I didn’t use a Stamp-a-ma-jig, although I probably should have. The first couple always turn out okay, but then…


I didn’t decorate the inside… but, if I did, I would have put a strip of the same washi tape along the right-hand edge.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: