A More Masculine Tag

This card is not really a card. It’s a tag for a swap called “Over the Top Tags”. When I got to the swap, I realized I didn’t make my tag that over-the-top. I mean, I could have added more layers, added some bling, etc. I was nervous. I even told my neighbor, as we were waiting to swap, that I needed to have added more. But, she was so sweet: she found me later as we were standing in yet another line (hahaha!), and told me that she liked it and I didn’t need to add more. Phew!

My excuse was going to be “I was moving-house”, but hopefully everyone else thought it was great.

And here it is. Overall dimensions are 3-1/2″ x 6″, in case you need an idea of scale.


Stamp: Memorable Moments, That’s the Ticket, A Dozen Thoughts (new!)

Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Midnight Muse

Paper: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Early Espresso Core’dinations, Birthday Basics DSP

Accessories: Alphabet Press textured impressions folder (new!), Apothecary Accents framelits, Ticket duo builder punch, Natural trim, Hung Up Cute Clips, Crop-o-dile

The final swaps had the numbers moved around a bit so you could see them better. I stamped the number “3” in the upper right corner and forgot that I was lopping the top corners off. Oops!

Do you like? I happen to have the clear-mount version of Memorable Moments, and it turns out that made this project MUCH easier to stamp. I cursed myself months ago, because clear-mount made it difficult to stamp-a-ma-jig with only one clear block (with multiple numbers to stamp). BUT, for a project like this, it was a dream. You could lay out your numbers in the positions you want on top of your project, then grab your biggest block (block F) and press down to mount them ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Easy! Now, you can repeatedly stamp with the same relative positions. (Sorry, I can’t help you stamp straight and in the same place, because, well, I can’t do that myself!) Does this make sense? I’ll show you the stamps, as they are mounted on Clear Block F. The arrangement is based on where I wanted each number on the tag.


(do you know how hard it is to photograph something reflective???) You can easily see how the arrangement of numbers matches with the stamping on the tag.

I added a strip of DSP to the left side of the card because it needed SOMETHING there. I originally started with just the stamped cardstock for the base, but it was too blah. The DSP added just enough extra color and images.

To coordinate with the stamped numbers, I embossed the die-cut Apothecary Accent piece with the new Alphabet Press embossing folder. The random typeset/printer block design is so trendy right now, and can actually be used for various occasions and styles. I’ve got more ideas that are just waiting to be brought to cardstock. 🙂 For this project, I used the numbers to tie into the birthday theme, and the embossed letters is just an extension.

I stamped my sentiment on a ticket shape and attached with a cute clip. I like how the arrow tells you what I’m trying to say! 🙂

I wanted a ticket that had a bit of a border, but a lighter background, to contain my sentiment. A simple punched shape just would not do! It’s a good thing that there’s a solid image in the stamp set, That’s the Ticket. It stamps with a small border around it when it is punched out. I used Soft Sky as the background color and Midnight Muse for the sentiment. You know, it’s funny that I keep grabbing Midnight Muse to coordinate with both Soft Sky and Pool Party. I don’t know what it is. 🙂

Here’s a closeup, since the ticket may be hard to see in the original photo.


I used the ticket shape again to top off the tag. I saw a clever idea to use the ticket shape as the hole reinforcement for a tag. I punched a whole tag (even though the rest is folded to the back and you can’t see it), and then scored 5/8″ from one end. The 5/8″ part is what you see on the front of the tag. I then punched a hole with the (retired) Crop-o-dile and tied a piece of natural trim. Using the natural trim kept the tag from being too feminine. The color scheme also helped with this.

Speaking of color schemes, did you notice that my accent tickets used a color, Midnight Muse, that is NOT in the DSP? I think it still works because it pairs well with Gumball Green, which IS in the DSP. It’s close enough that it all ties in together. I’m glad it did; I tried using Raspberry Ripple, which IS a color in the DSP, and it just didn’t work, in my opinions. Less masculine and somehow didn’t stand out as it needed to (as accents).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: