April Newsletter Project
This is the project included in this month’s newsletter. It’s not a card; it’s a folder that can hold about three A2-sized cards, plus envelopes.
I got this idea from a British magazine that I read. Of course, their folder was for 4″ square cards, so I had to make changes and add my own touches.
Stamp set: none
Paper: Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Sent with Love DSP (promotion)
Accessories: Small heart punch, Calypso Coral baker’s twine, Stampin’ dimensional, Sticky strip
Check out the closure I made. The Calypso Coral heart is punched out of cardstock, and attached to the front of my folder using a dimensional. I placed the heart over a tiny heart that is part of the pattern (you can see two others on the front of the folder). Yes, I did cut the DSP sheet, keeping the pattern of the hearts in mind. I attached Calypso Coral baker’s twine to the back of the folder, but before adhering the outer DSP. I marked the placement, of course. To hold the folder closed, just wrap the twine around the dimensional under the heart. Pretty cool, right?
Here is the inside, so you can see how it holds the cards and envelopes. I’ll show the cards in other posts.
The pockets are pretty simple, especially since they are created with additional cardstock, rather than trying to make everything out of one sheet with a bunch of cuts and scores.
I actually wrote down the measurements while I was making the folder, so it will be easier to pass onto you! 🙂
- Start with cardstock 6-1/2″ x 11″.
- With the 11″ side along the top of your Simply Scored tool, score at 5″ and 6″.
- Cut coordinating DSP, 2 pieces of 4-3/4″ x 6-1/4″. Adhere to front and back, making sure to place a piece of baker’s twine on the back of the folder BEFORE adhering DSP.
- For the pockets, cut two pieces of cardstock at 3″ x 6″.
- Score at 3/8″ and 3/4″ from both short edges, and one long edge. Cut off the three squares in the corners of the long edge. Decorate with a piece of DSP measuring 2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Add Sticky Strip to the three outer sections of the pocket. Take off the protective liner for Sticky Strip. Fold short sides to inside, then fold long side to inside. Long edge will attach to short edges, with long edge on top. This will make your cards or envelopes slide in and out easier.
- Attach pocket to inside of folder. Repeat with other piece.