A Last-Minute Baby Card
No, the baby was not made at the last minute. The card was!
And it was sure timely. We gave it to our co-worker last week Friday, and the baby arrived 2 days later. We all thought his wife wasn’t due for another couple of weeks. (So, his Super Bowl weekend was much more exciting than maybe even for the Ravens! So sad for the Niners, though.)
I’m just glad I manged to finish it. I was given one night to create it. No wonder I’m suffering from headaches! 🙂
Our co-worker didn’t know if he was going to have a boy or a girl, so we had to stick to a neutral palette of colors. The baby ended up being a girl; wish I had known! I would have loved to go all girly on the card. But then, it was okay; our co-worker likes the color green.
Stamp set: Petite Pairs, Baby Tees jumbo wheel
Ink: Garden Green, non-Stampin’ Up! black, non-Stampin’ Up! markers
Paper: non-Stampin’ Up! card base, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Garden Green
Accessories: Perfect Polka dot textured impressions folder, Decorative label punch, Scallop oval punch, Large oval punch, Whisper White satin ribbon (retired)
I liked how the polka dot embossing tied in with the dots in the background of the wheel image. Cute! I had to emboss the background cardstock twice. If you have to do this, just make sure you only cover the embossing folder where you need to add embossing. When you emboss, you will always want the extra cardstock to be at the “back” (go into the Big Shot last). That way, your embossing looks continuous. Otherwise, you may see the seam in the embossing.
I stamped and colored an additional image of the elephant tee, cut it out, and put it on the inside. I made sure I didn’t glue it down completely flat, so the sleeves stuck up a bit. So cute!
I made this card 5″ x 7″. I found that I could get just about all five tees across the width in the landscape orientation, or only 4 in the portrait orientation. I opted for the landscape orientation so I could use all five images. I wasn’t too thrilled with the striped tee, so I made that the “framing images” of the whole border.
I decided to leave all of the tees white and just color the accent images and trim. That way, the stamped images remained softer, and they all had the same prominence (not one stuck out more than the other).