Take a Sketch and Borrow Elements
The card I’m showing you today was a combination of Mojo Monday sketch 224 (same as the last cards), but using elements of projects on the Stampin’ Up! demonstrator site for the Moving Forward stamp set. I admit, this one also includes fussy cutting. I’ll have to get to work on more cards with stamping onto a layer.
Stamp set: Moving Forward (Ronald McDonald Charity set)
Ink: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Accessories: Island Indigo baker’s twine, 1″ circle punch, Simply Scored
Whoa! Lots of dimension on this one!
These are the details that I borrowed from the Stampin’ Up! project:
- For the banner, I stamped the dotted lines to make it look festive.
- I stamped and cut out the blimp.
- I made a banner with “Happy Birthday”.
- I made a rosette to frame the blimp. I used the Simply Scored to score along the pattern, rather than at specific measurements. I used 2 strips 9″ long, 1″ wide.
- I wrapped baker’s twine around the card.
All of these elements were combined into the sketch. Definitely not something you could easily mail, but hand delivery is in order. The recipient will like you! 🙂
I only used Tombow Mono multi to hold the rosette together, backed by the 1″ circle. For long term hold, you really need to use a hot glue gun. I was too lazy to pull mine out, though. 🙂