Back from Convention
Oh my! After all of the fun and excitement of being at Convention last week, I am finally home. (Well, actually, I got home yesterday morning, but I was in travel fog and could barely manage to unpack, and not much else of anything.)
I don’t know how I can go back to the real world! 🙂 At least I had the foresight to ask for this week off as well, so I can get real world stuff done, like shopping, laundry, get the car looked at, etc. Sigh.
I never did post about what I was making for Convention. This year, I participated in 3 organized swaps:
- 3 x 3 notecards (80 each)
- A2 cards/card fronts (20 each)
- 8×8 double page month-of-the-year scrapbook page swap (of which I did two months!)
And, I must say, just because it’s organized, the swapping itself may not be so organized … the 3×3 swap had about 160 ladies! Must have taken us about 45 minutes to do the whole thing!
I made two (unorganized/disorganized) swaps (aka general swaps), 20 of each design.
As in years past, I’ll post some trivia…
- Color that appeared most on my swaps: Real Red (4 of the 6 swaps used it)
- Color family that appeared most on my swap: Blues (5 of the 6 swaps had a shade of blue in it)
- Most used DSP: Summer Smooches (both scrapbook pages and one general swap used 5 of the 12 designs)
- Number of colors used: 16 (Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla)
- Number of passes through the Big Shot: too many I don’t want to count! 🙂
I also made a gift for everyone in our group. I really wanted to make something out of fabric, and I found a great pattern on e-patterns central for a water bottle holder. Here they all are waiting to be packed:
I also made some coffee cup sleeves as a 3D swap, but I forgot to take pictures of those. They came out really cute, too! I used the same fabrics as the water bottle holders, and used buttons to sew the sleeves closed.